As a former construction worker who turned down a four-year college scholarship because he thought he wasn’t “smart enough” to go to college, Joel Weldon is living proof of the power of one idea to transform your life! For over 37 years he’s been one of the most highly respected and sought-after keynote speakers and sales trainers in North America, as well as an Idea Consultant and Executive Speech Coach for some of the world’s leading businesses. Companies that hired him over three decades ago are still hiring him today, because he gets RESULTS!
Joel gives new meaning to the word PREPARATION,and because of that, his message will resonate deeply with every audience. The time he’s willing to spend in preparation is what gives him the edge—an in-depth understanding of their specific NEEDS, FEARS, and VICTORIES. That’s his secret weapon. And his amazing energy on the platform, combined with his special brand of customized humor, will open their minds to dozens of practical solutions and TIMELESS TRUTHS—the values and principles that continue to stand—no matter how much the world is changing!
Joel is the only speaker to have earned all four of the highest honors in the speaking profession, THE GOLDEN GAVEL,“for his profound impact on corporate America,”the coveted Communication & Leadership Award, induction into the SPEAKERS HALL OF FAME, and in 2006 he was named LEGEND OF THE SPEAKING PROFESSION.
WHAT SUBJECT WILL YOU CHOOSE?
Get ready for high-energy, rapid-fire, practical ideas that will create not just
momentary excitement, but longterm value! Here’s a list of timely subjects presented by Hall of Fame Speaker JOEL WELDON:
A. LEADERSHIP —Making the Tough Decisions & Setting the Example
- The 7 Principles of Inspirational Leadership . . . Shackleton as your role model
- Building teamwork . . . Gaining commitment, not just compliance.
- Don’t just lead your horses to water . . . feed them salt!
- Making work fun . . . Using humor and celebrations in the workplace.
- Communicating with the other 75% . . . Not everyone is on the same “channel.”
- Conducting more effective meetings . . . Speaking with impact before groups.
- Creating a motivational environment . . . Getting people to want to achieve.
- Delegating and time management . . . Getting more done through others.
B. SALES —The Science of THRILLING Your Customers
- It’s the relationship . . . People buy from people they like.
- Preparation—preparation—preparation . . . The will to prepare to win.
- Powerful questioning techniques . . . Using qualifying questions.
- Selling value, not price . . . Benefit and solution selling.
- Using showmanship that sells . . . Five-sense selling that impacts.
- Understanding and handling objections . . . Why 51% positive wins.
- Making it easy to say yes . . . Closing without fear, without fumbling, without fail.
- Promise a lot, deliver even more . . . Being extraordinary in your customer’s eyes!
- Creative prospecting . . . Referrals, face-to-face prospecting, and telephone.
- Emulate the top professionals . . . What the great ones do and how they do it.
C. PERSONAL GROWTH —Forget the Excuses! Take Responsibility!
- Embracing change as a positive . . . How change brings opportunity.
- Improving consistently . . . As good as you are now, you can be even better.
- Accepting absolute responsibility—no excuses . . . If it is to be, it is up to ME!
- Practical creativity . . . Thinking in new dimensions with innovation.
- Defining values and priorities . . . Writing and living by a personal mission statement.
- Reducing tension and stress . . . The power of positive humor, even in the workplace.
- Making a total commitment . . . It will be done — I’ll do it!
- Developing focused thinking . . . Knowing the target, allowing no distractions.
- Achieving realistic goals . . . Setting objectives and measuring results.
- Conditioning for success . . . Developing positive habits, every day, forever!